Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing on monitors.

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
chrispk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Nothing on monitors. Reply with quote

Wanting to know if anyone can help me here. The other day my sister was on my computer and she said she went to plug in her phone usb cable and when she did the computer froze. When she turned it off then back on again it all starts up but nothing comes on the monitors.
Have changed cables to monitors for some spare new ones i had but still nothing. Eat time i turn the computer on it comes up on the monitors 'no signal'.

Was wondering if maybe the graphic card is nackered some how.

Any help cheers.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming this is not a laptop.

You say that the computer boots up, but no display. How do you know this? Do you get the Windows start sounds when it gets to Windows?

Is there anything on the monitors at all, other than the no signal message? As in, does it start off working and then stop?

If you do get the Windows sounds, and there is nothing else coming on the monitors, then I would suggest turning off the PC, opening it up, and removing and reseating the graphics card if possible.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
chrispk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no its not a laptop is my desktop.

And yes do get the start sound.

And no nothing on the monitors other than the no signal message. It doesnt start start working then stop. Only thing that comes up is the no signal message.

And have taken out graphic card and put back in but still same thing happening.

So i am guessing by this it is probably my graphics card that is faulty if i am right.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly sounds like a faulty graphics card. To be sure though, you should try a different monitor on your PC, or your monitor on a different PC.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: