Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nusb22e.exe download not working

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
varumba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: nusb22e.exe download not working Reply with quote

Hi there!
I have just read the advice given to Graeme, who had the same problem as me, but it is still not working for me:
I have deleted and re-downloaded twice the nusb22e.exe but when I double click it still come up with NOT COMPATABLE WITH THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS. My win 98 SE is set for English as well.
My USB pendrive is a samsung 1 GB though... Any thought?
Thank you for yur help
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why this is not working for you. Make sure you have IE6 (SP1) installed, and DirectX 9.0c; then go to Windows Update and install any updates for your system and try again.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this in my Personal Messages:
varumba wrote:
Thanks for your help.
I have downloaded DirectX 9.0 and Pack 1 of IE6 (had IE 6), but when trying to download the nusb22e.exe, it is still saying "package incompatible with your version of windows".

Any other idea?

Thanks again Surprised

Please reply through the forum, and not by sending private messages to individuals.

A new version has just been released, you should try downloading it and trying that instead:
nusb23e

If this doesn't work, it would suggest that there is a problem with your install of Windows. It may sound drastic, but doing a clean install of Windows, installing updates, and then installing this should resolve the problem.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: