Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

packard bell i media 3050

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ianoxford

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: packard bell i media 3050 Reply with quote

hi
i have put a new hard drive in. it is the master hard drive. i used the boot cds that came with pc to re install the operating system. it starts fine then crashes. the crash comes in the glue parts manager v1.06. the message iserror while checking glue parts list: 1-, then it says press any key, when you do it comes up with error 5 glue parts error, when you press ok you get exit from set up, then underneath you get c:\> and a flashing cursor
any help please
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll refer you to this thread on the UKTSupport forum
http://uktsupport.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14702

I presume this is a Packard Bell machine? Either you have to tattoo the hard drive (see the links on that thread) or else the image is actually on the old hard drive and all the CD does is unlock it.

if you need to ask another question its always of great help to us if you take the time to provide details of make and model of machine, and details of which operating system you are using. Otherwise it becomes virtually impossible to offer help, as our clairvoyant abilities often break down
ianoxford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
many thanks for the help i had to tattoo the drive as it was a new clean drive i had put in
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: