Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PC BOOT UP PROBLEMS ETC.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
maximus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: PC BOOT UP PROBLEMS ETC. Reply with quote

hello,
ive had this AMD ATHLON 3000XP for 6 yrs but its never been right since i got it brand new from TINY ( the worlds worst ). cost 800 OUCH! and they done me out of another 30 quid on the tech support line. NEVER AGAIN.
ANYWAY HERE WE GO, 3 MAIN PROBLEMS
since new it doesnt always recognise the rom drive and dvd burner in my computer. sometimes they r there, sometimes not. but they did both work ok till recently. since a few weeks ago they are in my computer but most of the time they dont work when a disc is put in. its a on and off affare.
problem 2 is that all my removeable drives F G H J of which J is the front usb port i put my digi camera into. they have all dissapeared from my computer and nothing happens when i plug my camera in and nothing happens when i use the SD card readers.
problem 3 sometimes it take 6 times to boot up and come on to desktop. when it fails the screen goes black and sez cable not connected.
FEEEEEW WHAT A SHOPPING LIST FOR U GUYS but any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks,
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running Windows XP?

Can you tell me if anything is showing a problem in Device Manager?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
maximus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes im on xp pro. and when i go in device manager and click on properties it says this device is working properly on all items. strange
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm going to need some more info about your PC, please try the following:
Arrow Click on Start then Run
Arrow Type in msinfo32.exe and press Enter
Arrow Click on System Summary on the left hand side.
Arrow Go to Edit then Select All
Arrow Go to Edit then Copy
Arrow Paste the details that have just been copied to the clipboard in your next post (right click and select paste in the bit where you type your response.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
maximus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took the list out incase theres any sensitive info that others shouldnt see

Last edited by maximus on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The motherboard in your computer doesn't appear to be a standard production one. It's possible this was made exclusively for Tiny, or just not available retail. That said, it appears to have the Via VT8327 chipset.

I think the first thing to start with is updating the IDE drivers, these can be downloaded from here. You will need to unzip the download and run the Setup file in it.

Let me know if this fixes any of the problems.

Also, do you have a Windows CD? It appears you have the original Tiny install on your system, sometime these are riddled with problems and a clean install of Windows and drivers fixes problems like you are having.
maximus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i ran the driver detective and it said 20 drivers are out of date but its asking me to register before it will fix them and its asking for a registration key. do u have one ?
maximus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoftStag wrote:
The motherboard in your computer doesn't appear to be a standard production one. It's possible this was made exclusively for Tiny, or just not available retail. That said, it appears to have the Via VT8327 chipset.

I think the first thing to start with is updating the IDE drivers, these can be downloaded from here. You will need to unzip the download and run the Setup file in it.

Let me know if this fixes any of the problems.

Also, do you have a Windows CD? It appears you have the original Tiny install on your system, sometime these are riddled with problems and a clean install of Windows and drivers fixes problems like you are having.

ps. another thing that comes on the screen after boot up is this -
WINDOWS CANNOT FIND C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\REGSRV.EXE

Last edited by maximus on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need the driver detective thing. Go to the link I provided, towards the bottom of the page it asks for a code to be entered - enter this and click on Download File.
maximus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok done that but there is at least 25 files in there and a number of setup files
which one will it be
thanks
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract it all to a folder, then run setup.exe
maximus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did that earlier but in total there is 25 files with around 5 that says setup but none of them have setup.exe ?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: