Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pc keeps restarting?

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
karl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Pc keeps restarting? Reply with quote

I have an Acer Aspire M1610 That recently keeps restarting by itself after quoting 'DCOM Server Process Launcher Service Has Stopped Working'. Can you help me to fix this?
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pc keeps restarting? Reply with quote

karl wrote:
I have an Acer Aspire M1610 That recently keeps restarting by itself after quoting 'DCOM Server Process Launcher Service Has Stopped Working'. Can you help me to fix this?

Most people associate this problem with a virus attack but then a lot of problems are blamed on viruses and rarely are.

DCOM is a core part of Windows designed to allow one piece of software to talk to another on a remote device. Many pieces of software may rely on DCOM to work and for this reason the cause of your problem could be just about any piece of software installed on your machine.

See if the error occurs in safe mode. If not then you could start uninstalling applications until you you fix the problem.

But the quickest fix is probably just a reinstall.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: