Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

picture mass downloader
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: picture mass downloader Reply with quote

Is there a program I could to download the "big picture" from links or thumbnails instead of clicking and saving them one by one.
Try pbase.com - fail to do so. Some mass downloader programs I used download the link web-pages but no the 'big picture"

many thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Get Picture List will do what you want it to. Give it a try and let us know.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried that program - does not work for me - it downloads the link web page but not the big picture on www.pbase.com
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it's not really easy to use
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try the Amor Photo Downloader. This should do the trick, although it is not freeware, you will have to pay $29 for it, but there is a free trial.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any other choices?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try the Mihov Picture Downloader. It is free and should do what you require.
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mihov does hte job on other websites but not on Pbase.com
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programs like this rely on the thumbnail image linking directly to the full size image, unfortunately pbase.com does not do this, and hence Mihov does not find the image. I do not know of any software that can overcome this.

The other thing you can try is a program like HTTrack. This will allow you to download the website, images and all.
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fails too,
the error log:

HTTrack3.40-2+swf launched on Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:32:17 at http://www.pbase.com/albertjou/model36&page=all +*.png +*.gif +*.jpg +*.css +*.js -ad.doubleclick.net/* -mime:application/foobar
(winhttrack -qiC2%Ps2u1%s%uN0%I0p3DaK0H0%kf2A25000%f#f -F "Mozilla/4.5 (compatible; HTTrack 3.0x; Windows 9Cool" -%F "<!-- Mirrored from %s%s by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x [XR&CO'2006], %s -->" -P http://www.pbase.com/albertjou/model36&page=all -%l "en, en, *" http://www.pbase.com/albertjou/model36&page=all -O1 "C:\My Web Sites\a" +*.png +*.gif +*.jpg +*.css +*.js -ad.doubleclick.net/* -mime:application/foobar )
Information, Warnings and Errors reported for this mirror:
note: the hts-log.txt file, and hts-cache folder, may contain sensitive information,
such as username/password authentication for websites mirrored in this project
do not share these files/folders if you want these information to remain private
08:32:17 Warning: Cache: damaged cache, trying to repair
08:32:17 Warning: Cache: 0 bytes successfully recovered in 0 entries
08:32:25 Error: "Unable to get server's address: Unknown error" (-5) after 2 retries at link www.pbase.com/robots.txt (from primary/primary)
08:32:34 Error: "Unable to get server's address: Unknown error" (-5) after 2 retries at link www.pbase.com/albertjou/model36&page=all (from primary/primary)
08:32:34 Info: No data seems to have been transfered during this session! : restoring previous one!

Is there another web site downloader you could recommend, Thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try WebRipper. Hopefully this will do what you want. Alternatively, you can try Spiderfish
avextraxjp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

non work, any more recommendations?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: