Joined: 31 Aug 2015
|Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:33 am Post subject: Possible solutions to playing ISO on Mac OS X
|Have several hundred .ISO images of DVD's on your local computer or server and now want to play them on your Mac computer? Okay. This article will present two simple ways to let you play ISO on Mac with ease. Learn how to.
As far as we know, an ISO file is DVD or CD image and referred as disk image in general. If we got some ISO image files, how can we play ISO image files on Mac easily without any issue? Two main solutions are introduced to you: 1. Install and run an ISO player Mac- VLC Media Player; 2. Convert ISO image files to Mac friendly video.
Solution 1: Install and run an ISO player Mac- VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is the most advanced yet portable multimedia player. Many users of this multimedia player get the best support to enjoy their entertainment. This program supports a wide variety of formats like MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MP3, and DivX. The most outstanding features of this tool also support VCDs, DVDs, and several streaming protocols. With it, you can play ISO files with ease.
How to Play ISO Files With a VLC Media Player on Mac?
1. Right click on the ISO file and select Open with / Disk Utility.
2. Click on the icon that shows under the ISO in the Disk Utility.
3. Click the “Mount” button in blue color.
4. This process mounts the image in the readable disk format.
5. Open VLC Media Player.
6. Select File > Advanced Open File > Disc tab.
7. In the Disc tab, choose Video_TS Folder radio button.
8. Click “Browse” and choose the most expected ISO Image.
9. Select the Video_TS folder on this image and click “Open”.
10. You can play ISO file with a VLC Media Player on Mac now.
Solution 2: Convert ISO image files to Mac friendly video
Since MOV is the most ideal format for playing on Mac OS X, you can convert ISO to MOV for playback on Mac(El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks included). In this case, a versatile ISO file converter is in need. Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is such an excellent program that combines video converter, video editor, video player. With it, you can convert ISO image files to Mac playable MOV video with fast speed and high quality. Besides, this package tool enables you to convert BD/DVD disc, VIDEO_TS folder as well as HD video files like MKV, AVI, WMV, MPG, MTS, MXF, MP4, etc to any format you want. Plus, the built-in video editor allows you to trim, crop, add watermarks, etc. to get the very part and effect you prefer. For Windows users, you can get Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to finish the task.
Guide: How to Convert ISO Image Files to MOV on Mac
1. Load ISO files > Run the ISO to MOV converter and click File> load IFO/ISO to import the ISO files you want to convert. The loaded files will be displayed on the left source pane and you can choose the titles to rip.
2. Choose MOV as output format > Click Format and then choose MOV as target format. This software offers the QuickTime Movie Format for you. Or, you can also choose "Common Video -> MOV - QuickTime (*.mov)" as the output format.
3. Start ISO to MOV conversion > At last, click the "Convert" button on the main interface to begin converting ISO to QuickTime MOV videos. The conversion speed depends on the original video size.
When the conversion completes, you can tap "Open" to locate the converted files. Afterwards, you can view ISO files on Mac with the best quality at your will.
Convert Sony 3D MTS to SBS MP4 with ease
Uploading MKV to YouTube failed- Solution
How to view iTunes backup file on Mac or PC
Importing WebM files to Edit in Sony Vegas Pro
Find and View iCloud Backup Files (Wins/Mac)
Guide: Convert and Import WebM to Final Cut Pro
Two Ways to Play Video_TS files on Windows PC
How to convert iPhone video to DNxHD for Avid MC
Play Video_TS on Windows (Windows 10/8/7 Included)
How to Convert WebM video clips to iMovie(iMovie 11)
How to Rip and Play DVD/Blu-ray on HDTV through USB
Convert DVD VIDEO_TS folder to play on Android devices
Converting Sony a68 XAVC S to Final Cut Pro 7 in simple steps
Source: Guide: How to Convert ISO Image Files to MOV on Mac