Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

power cinema

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
twizzle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: power cinema Reply with quote

PC i media Packard Bell, windows xp sp2, software power cinema by cyberlink already loaded by Packard Bell. I had to uninstall power cinema and tried to reload with smart restore utility, message said I need windows media player 9 or above to install power cinema. I had just upgraded to WMP11 and thought this may be a problem so I rolled back to WMP10 still no luck. All I want is to have TV again I have other programs for CD,DVD etc. Any ideas please? many thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to fix this by patching Powercinema to the latest version. I think you are using PowerCimema 3; so go to the Cyberlink PowerCinema Patch Page and download and install the patch for PowerCinema 3.0 at the bottom of the page.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
twizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SoftStag, I have now got that download, have tried to install it but am told I need PowerCinema already installed to install download... is this catch 22? Any further thoughts will be very welcome.
twizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizzle here again, I forgot to mention that in desperation I had a go at Media Portal as a possible replacement for PowerCinema but im a bit too green to get all the configuration right although it seems that it could be a good alternative....any opinions? Many thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like a catch 22 situation. I am not bale to find a fix for this; I would recommend you contact Cyberlink directly regarding this, or Packard Bell if they supplied the software with your PC.

With regard to MediaPortal, it is not software I have had any experience of. It gets good reports, and appears to be feature packed. I would certainly give this a go as an alternative to PowerCinema. Being open source software, it is not only free, but likely to have constant development to iron out bugs and add new features. There is plenty of documentation on their website, and it looks like there is a configuration wizard to simplify most of the configuration. It's worth a try.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
twizzle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to help SoftStag, Who needs telly anyway? But i dont like being beaten so i shall plug away at this and get back if i win, "I may be some time"....Ta
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how you get on. I don't like being beaten either.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: