Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printer problems for novice PC laptop user

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Hanoola

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Printer problems for novice PC laptop user Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am hoping one of you may be able to help.

If you can explain any advice in plain English, I would really appreciate it Smile

I have an HP laptop and recently installed an Epson Stylus C84 colour ink jet printer. This worked fine and I was a happy bunny.

I tried to print out a PDF recently (text over an image) and the image part didn't print out, so thinking it was a problem with the PDF, I tried to print out a jpeg. The same thing happened. On going through the settings of the printer/document etc. the printer then somehow lost it's connection with my laptop and now I can't print anything. For some reason the laptop isn't recognising there is a printer connected to it. I've checked just about everything I know about, e.g. cable connections etc. I've even tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, which I think has made it worse and it's now saying I don't have a printer connected at all and that an .exe file is damaged...

I'm not sure how to fix this at all!

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Epson C84 Reply with quote

I would recommend that you uninstall everything to do with Epson from your computer, then download the latest drivers from www.epson.co.uk and install these.

If this doesn't work then it would help to know how you connect the printer to your laptop (USB or Parallel), and what version of Windows you use.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Hanoola

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded the new driver an it's still not recognising there's a printer connected. It's connected by USB cable.

Also, I've been to Epson uninstall but there it doesn't get rid of everything, there are still elements that I can't delete.
Hanoola

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now it's printing. I have no idea how I fixed it but it seems OK.

However it's not printing all of the image/text. Basically I'm trying to print out labels which have been set up as a PDF. About 60 on a page, each has a the persons name on and a logo behind. The names are printing but not the logo or the keyline for the label. I've changed the settings to text and image and it hasn't made any difference. I've tried printing the same file as a jpeg and this isn't working either.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just this file that causes problems? Can you print other pdf files normally?

What software are you using, and what verison? I need to know if it is Adobe Reader or Adobe Professional and the version number.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
Hanoola

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've established that the problem is with the printer in that it isn't printing tints or grey scale, just anything that's solid black.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be a problem with the printer itself then. You should contact Epson regarding this.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: