Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with booting my PC, Please help???

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Matthew Tilly

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Problem with booting my PC, Please help??? Reply with quote

I've got a problem with booting my os after i accidently used comodo cleaner, now it starts to load, the acer logo comes up and the loading bar and then the screen goes black and it reboots? I've trid system restore and last known good config but it dont work, also i've tried a vista recovery disk but neither does that? Also for some reason it will not read dvd's only cd's?

Im using a acer aspire L5100 desktop on vista home premium 64 bit.

Please someone help me?
demdike

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as it starts up kep tapping the F8 key

you'll et a menu
assuming you have windows vista there are two things to try.

first go for the "repair my computer" option from the menu. This can take a long time to run - so go away and leave it or 30 minutes or so

if that fails, reboot and F8 it again, this time choose the option which reads something like "do not restart on system failure". This tiem when it crashes it should give a blue screen of death with an error message: tell us what that nessage reads

Its likely that the Comodo program took out a key file. These system cleanup tools and dangerous and really should only be used if you know what you are doing, the only one I regard as half-say to use causally is CCleaner

Incidentally how did you manage to "accidentally run it"? Programs usually have to be made to run...
Matthew Tilly

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi demdike,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast, i really apreciate your help Very Happy I've already tried both of your sugestions and neither work, i dont even get the blue screen of death, after the loading bar stops i see the curser on a blank screen and then it jus cuts out and starts up again???

Also i guess i thought comodo would just give my system a clean but i'll certainly not do this again if i get it sorted.

Any ideas???

Thanks
Matt
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the system work in Safe Mode at all?

It sounds like you may need to reinstall Windows.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
demdike

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoftStag could be right, but it could also just be that the graphics settings are incompatible
Besides the "safe" mode also try the "640 x 480" option using the F8 key
If that works, then set the graphics correctly once you get into windows
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: