Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROBLEM with my Sound Drivers!No Audio Please Help me!!:(

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
babven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: PROBLEM with my Sound Drivers!No Audio Please Help me!!:( Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
I have Dell Inspiron 1525--- windows xp restored recently due to some virus attack-
am not so gud at computers!
Im not sure what i got installed what i dont for getting sound, i did all my best downloading stuff frm internet to get audio but nothing worked out...
pls someone suggest me what need to be done??
sometimes it says my hardware isnt supporting..
sometimes it says software need to be installed...
sometimes IDT high definition audio codec doesnt start due to some [code 10] donno if this is an error but having big trouble-pls someone get me best quick solution

thnka a mill
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Babven, welcome to the forums! Smile

First of all download the audio drivers from here to your desktop. Once downloaded, double click on the downloaded file and go through the installation wizard.

Let us know of any issues that happen after doing this.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
babven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: this is what hapenin Reply with quote

i tried to download your sent link--it says"" there are no files to download....
please go to drivers and downloads to select files""

pls do something...i pray buddy
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works when I click the link. Odd.

Try going to this link and following the steps to find your PC and select your operating system, then audio.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
babven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: not resolved Reply with quote

Hi ya!
i did tried this link toooo...
but i get message as ''There are no files to download.please go to the drivers and Downloads to select files''
thats all i can see
pls help me...in resolving..am not knowing what it really needs...tired of downloading stuff really...its like challenging me....really
thankx
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you are doing here. The links work fine for me. What do you do to get this error?

All you need to do is click the link it will go to the webpage where you can download the drivers from. Download them to your Desktop and then double click on the downloaded file and follow the installation wizard.
Mr. Green
demdike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Dell sight had a programming error a couple of weeks ago which meant that any download link you clicked on attempted to launch the Dell download tool - and then errored. That even applied to http downloads supposedly avoiding the Dell tool
babven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: sound problm with lcd tv wen connected from laptop thru hdmi Reply with quote

hello finally its sorted out now....but i have one moreproblem...
pls help me with this...
when i connect my dell inspiron tp phillips 32inch lcd tv.....thru hdmi..previously sound was working but now i don get sound on tv wich has sony home theatre....only in pc i hear sound...pls help me with this
demdike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now you've got the sound drivers installed, the computer is defaulting to using that as the principal sound playback device
for the video output you need to change this to the HDMI output in the video card

click start > control panel > sounds and audio devices > audio
Under "audio device" you'll see a drop down menu. In that select the entry for the HDMI output. Sound should now be routed via the TV
To revert back, simply change it back

This web page links to a couple of programs to make thsi change easier, though I've neer used either so can't comment on their usability
http://www.inspectmygadget.com/2008/07/05/windows-software-tools-to-change-your-default-audio-playback-device/
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: