Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Tower and Monitor

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Huss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Problem with Tower and Monitor Reply with quote

I can't work out how to solve a problem I am having with my computer.

When I try to turn it on, the power button on both the tower and the monitor are both on but the monitor remains blank. There is no problem with the monitor as I have tried it on a different computer, nor is there a problem with the cables as I have bought new ones and the problem persists.

Is there anything else I could try?

I am using a HP Pavilion w1000 and a Samsung SyncMaster710v if that helps at all.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several reasons why a PC will not give a display to a monitor, and they are usually down to a fault with the tower. In order to narrow this down, we need to establish what the PC is doing. When you turn it on what happens? Do you get any lights, any beeps, can you hear the fans - if so do they sound normal?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
markblu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a common thing to do is check the INSIDE of your computer. even dust buildup can mess up or even kill a computer, hey its happened to me!! open your computer, dust it out with air-in-a-can, then if nothing works still maybe dust is in one of the connections, so remove and re-seat all components of the computer. this means unplugging and plugging back in your hard disk, ram, power supply cable, and pci cards. let me know what happens and how dusty it was! mine was an hp too!
JavOK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wish to alarm you but I've just had exactly the same problem and it turned out that my motherboard & processer were damaged due to overheating problems.

Anyhow, the experience has taught me a few lessons.

Good luck!

Jav
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: