Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Lovefilm

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
T-Rod

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Problems with Lovefilm Reply with quote

Hi all

My girlfriend recently subscribed to Lovefilm. Silverlight is installed fine on her mac, and it streams fine on that. However, when I connected the HDMI cable, the mac is not showing up on any of the TV's 4 HDMI ports. Its a Sony Bravia TV, and I've been told that it needs to be connected to the internet, but its a wireless router so it should connect automatically, and a HDMI cable should work offline anyway right?

Also, the HDMI cable is not plugged directly into the mac, there is an adaptor. Could this be the problem?

Its very frustrating as all this is simple and should just work. Furthermore company websites are not helpful. But to sum up these are my questions
1) If the TV needs to be manually connected to the internet how do I do this given the hardware I've outlined?
2) Is the HDMI adaptor the thing thats causing the problem?
3) How do I make this work??!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks in advance for your help, it would be really appreciated. Smile
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by an adaptor?
is that a multi-way adaptor? or do you mean a converted which connects an HDI cable to a graphics port?
Neither are likely to work, and the graphics output won't carry any sound

If the MAc doesn't have an HDMI port then you're best connecting to a graphics ports (VGA or DVI) on the TV with a separate audio connection

However, usual problem here - I'm having to guess on limited information. Different Macs have different connectors. Which Mac have you got? What graphics ports does it have?
seoexpert947

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovefilm are a bit of an arse to cancel. I also cancelled and sent discs back. Luckily I cancelled the DD with my bank as well. Months later I had a debt collection agency after me for 20 for the cost of the discs I returned. Had lots of hassle with lovefilm luckily I kept on at them and they finally gave in.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: