Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore, India
|Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:17 am Post subject: Recovery Console Installation in Windows XP
|To install the Recovery Console as a startup option
1. With Windows running. Click Start, select Run and type:
2. Follow the instructions on the screen.
At this point it may be worth mentioning that you will probably get an error about missing files. Click OK then it will ask if you want to install recovery console from CD click OK then choose install from CD you don’t need the cd as we have pointed it to the i386 folder where the correct files are contained.
• To run the Recovery Console, restart your computer and select the Recovery Console option from the list of available operating systems.
• You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
• To see the commands available on the Recovery Console, type help at the at the console prompt.
My Photo Gallery