Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reformat partition of hard drive

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
GeoffDGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: reformat partition of hard drive Reply with quote

My HD has 3 partitions - C;D and E. recently the D partition has failed to respond to Windows Explorer - if I click on D I get a message stating that the Drive requires formatting - to which I say NO!
In Computer Management / Disk Management the Drive is recognised in Disc 1 with 73GB and as 'healthy active'.
I have a back up of the Drive using Acronis True Image and the files are all there (having looked at them).
Te query is, how should I get the D partition back to good health; should I reformat it? If so, how do i do that?
Would like your help please

Geoff
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: reformat partition of hard drive Reply with quote

GeoffDGreen wrote:
My HD has 3 partitions - C;D and E. recently the D partition has failed to respond to Windows Explorer - if I click on D I get a message stating that the Drive requires formatting - to which I say NO!
In Computer Management / Disk Management the Drive is recognised in Disc 1 with 73GB and as 'healthy active'.
I have a back up of the Drive using Acronis True Image and the files are all there (having looked at them).
Te query is, how should I get the D partition back to good health; should I reformat it? If so, how do i do that?
Would like your help please

Geoff

If that drive doesn't have windows on it I think you can just right click on the drive and choose format?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: