Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regular error message on startup

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Earthling50

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Regular error message on startup Reply with quote

More often than not my Dell desktop pc Dimension5150c, refuses to start. There is a regualr message that says:
System halted - Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration detected. Action is required. This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor cable is plugged into the integrated video card"

My teenage son switches the VGA connection between two sockets every time and sometimes (like now) we can access the computer again, but it is very inconsistent. It certainly never works when I try it!.. We wondered whether it had anything to do with my daughter's installation of The Sims plus expansion packs. These have all been uninstalled although the computer, frustratingly, wont allow me to unistall part of it.

Any ideas? Do we need to upgrade our video graphics card[/i]
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Regular error message on startup Reply with quote

Earthling50 wrote:
More often than not my Dell desktop pc Dimension5150c, refuses to start. There is a regualr message that says:
System halted - Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration detected. Action is required. This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor cable is plugged into the integrated video card"

My teenage son switches the VGA connection between two sockets every time and sometimes (like now) we can access the computer again, but it is very inconsistent. It certainly never works when I try it!.. We wondered whether it had anything to do with my daughter's installation of The Sims plus expansion packs. These have all been uninstalled although the computer, frustratingly, wont allow me to unistall part of it.

Any ideas? Do we need to upgrade our video graphics card[/i]

It could be related to the screen resolution settings. Maybe one card supports a resolution that the other doesn't.
Earthling50

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Regular error message on startup Reply with quote

surreypcsupport.com wrote:

It could be related to the screen resolution settings. Maybe one card supports a resolution that the other doesn't.

thanks for that. We'll have a look at the settings and see if we can make sense of that.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: