Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SEO, Optimisation or Optimization
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> SEO

Which term best describes these activities?
SEO
85%
 85%  [ 23 ]
Website Optimisation
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Website Optimization
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: SEO, Optimisation or Optimization Reply with quote

Which of these terms do you feel best describes that activities involved in increasing website traffic and conversion rates etc?

SEO;
Website Optimisation;
Website Optimization:

I've already got my own ideas about this but I don't want to share them until a little discussion has happened. Just want to see where the discussion leads first.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website Optimisation/Website Optimization - these are identical apart from the spelling... Optimisation being the British spelling and Optimization being the US spelling. Depending upon your market to which is more appropriate.

I think the real discussion here is between whether it is the website or search engine - optimisation (I'm British). Personally I feel that SEO is a part of Website Optimisation. I beleive that Website Optimisation is about making the "optimum" website, that incorporates both providing good user experience and helping the search engines to crawl the site and index the results favourably. Therefore, IMO, these are different entities.

SEO is the element that drives the traffic, and Website Optimisation is critical in getting the higher conversion rates.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you think along the same lines as me. I agree totally about the US/UK spellings.

My feeling regarding SEO or website optimisation is that SEO is concerned wholly with the search engine rankings of a site whereas website optimisation includes this but is also about the navigational and graphical design of the site.
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think spellings should match the origin of the site, and i think there is more to optimisation then just rankings, quite a few sites i have been to you need a degree in clickology to find the site map ! appearance, ease of use, the sites graphics should bring a Wow this looks cool !, a professional look, the ability to get to the home page from any page, attract clients / members a site with no members / visitors is a dead site.
Andri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as my experiences told me, more people in UK tend to talk about SEO. You will find many forums about SEO using .uk or something.
I do agree with most of you. SEO is an activity included in website optimisation, while website optimisation can be broader, from SEO, design, content, etc...to make your website at maximum point Wink
However, I suggest that you use both optimisation and optimization for keywords. Many forums are using US terms too...even this site.
w3bmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEO = Search Engine Optimization
PCDoc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert but people (especially "white hats") will say website optimisation is seo.

In terms of the usage of the words here's how they stack up in Google's index:

189,000,000 for SEO
85,900 for "Website Optimisation"
508,000 for "Website Optimization"
markspend001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys i think that SEO is important to those sites whose owners are serious about getting traffic. The sites that may need optimisation are those used to advertise a business products or services. A web site is ineffective if it will not be seen by web customers and web page optimization can help to get the attention of Google engine crawlers.Thanks!!
srisathvika

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: SEO Reply with quote

SEO is the main technique to optimize our website. And improve our website performance. Increase our website visibility to users. Produce best result in SERP.
fatima21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: SEO Reply with quote

SEO (Search engine optimization) is a technique used to optimize your website and improving the visibility of your website.
srimathi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: SEO Reply with quote

SEO stands for search engine optimization, it is a technique used to optimize your website and get better position in SERP.
johnniewalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will prefer for website optimization
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> SEO All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: