Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

strange pc problem when playing some games

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
deni2k

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: strange pc problem when playing some games Reply with quote

Hey guys! so I got a very strange problem when playing some games.
Recently I have bought games like Modern Warfare 2 and Dragon Age origins. They work perfectly fine. But some of my older games like fallout 3, and street fighter 4, crash every time I try to play them. They work perfectly fine for a minute or so, suddenly the colors in the game start changing and the pc just freezes. I think this is very strange because well dragon age and mw2 I play with the highest resolution and graphics and nothing happens while street fighter 4, aion and fallout 3 crashes even with the lowest graphics.

Does anyone have an Idea what could be wrong?
I have a 4gb ram, Windows 7, GTX 295, AMD Phenenom 4 quad 3,2 ghz.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated Smile
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first things to try are updating the drivers for your graphics card, and to check for any known issues and patches for the games that have problems - go to the game's website.

You also don't mention your operating system. If you are using Windows 7, it could be that some older games will not work correctly, as the game was designed for earlier operating systems.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: