Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions????

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> General Chat
AlanWade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Suggestions???? Reply with quote

What, if anything are the admin doing to revive this site? I mean its as close to died as you can get.
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

part of the way to improve the site is to join in and help with the answers. The better the responses, the better its reputation
I certainly don't know everything (far from it in fact) and some of the past questions could probably have been better answered by others.
At present in the main only three of us are currently responding: Softstag, Steve and myself, and at present for various reasons Softstag and Steve have both had to take a back seat.
The way to improve the forum is initially to improve the quality of the information presented: from that everything (hopefully) follows. And the way to improve the information is for more people to give better correct answers. And I mean correct ones - not the kind of verbal windage found on the likes of Yahoo Groups

By the way - I am NOT one of the site admins
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan

We are doing what we can given the time and financial constraints that we have. We have plans to revamp the site, but time is an issue, and SoftStag who does most of this kind of work has had a bad couple of years with his health. The site is not run by any company, merely volunteers who do it because we enjoy it.

We are open to suggestions on improving the site, and welcome any voluntary help anyone can give. You mentioned in an earlier post that you have tutorials to post. It would be good to see these.

As JonS said, we need quality postings to help build the reputation. I hope you will join us in this regard.
AlanWade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will start posting a few tutorials. What is the image limit on this site? I mean some sites have it set as low as four images per post which is just too low if you quality tutorials.

EDIT
You allow plenty of images as I see from one of my posts.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tutorials, I'm sure they will be useful.

There are currently no limits on the number of images you can have in a post... Very Happy
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: