Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba L350D Issues

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
electrifire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Toshiba L350D Issues Reply with quote

Hi all

I've been having a few niggles since upgrading to Windows 7 and I think their all simple driver issues but I can seem to fix it.

The Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L350D - 12M

The first problem is with the webcam, despite the device manager telling me the webcam is working correctly it actually doesn't, when I open the web cam I get this message:

Webcam driver open fail, please restart camera or computer

The other problem is similar to the blue screen of death, but the screen goes fuzzy and the laptop reboots, I assume this is a driver issue, the graphics card I believe is a ATI Radeon 1250 but the device manager downloads the ATI Radeon 1200.

Is there a working piece of software which will look at my devices and download the correct driver for it, I've spent a number of hours trying with no luck Sad
Markb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the Toshiba driver download site http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK enter the details of your model and the OS version you have (32 or 64 bit) there are lots of Windows 7 drivers. I looked at the 32 bit and there is a Video driver as well as a Webcam driver.

I assume that you upgraded from Vista. Did you do a clean install? I've done a few installs of Windows 7 now, on my laptop I did a clean install after upgrading from Vista as it was a bit flaky. A friend of mine who had a Dell tried their upgrade disk but ended up loosing loads of drivers and couldn't get it working properly. I did a clean install and it found all the drivers and worked a treat. The general consensus that I see on various sites it that a clean install is generally more trouble free.
electrifire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, yes I upgraded from vista but did a clean install, I have downloaded driver programs which say my drivers are up to date. I will give the toshiba website another visit and see.

While Im on here, I purchased an Online version of Windows 7 and had to download it etc, I pre ordered it and wasn't really thinking and just selected online but later realised I'd be wise to have a hard copy, but as I pre ordered I couldn't change my order.

How would I go about getting a hard copy of Windows 7 - I have the license key, and would my license key for an upgrade work on a full (non upgrade) version
Markb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you download the ISO or ZIP files. If you downloaded the ZIP files, you will need to get hold of the ISO version to create the DVD media. The site you got it from (Presumably Microsoft) may well allow you to download the ISO version as well as it knows you have purchased it. Failing that, you might need to give MS a call to explain that you need to do a fresh install and that you need the ISO file to create the DVD media.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: