Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with Geforce 7300gs pci-express gpx card, HELP !!!!!

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
gavfoley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Geforce 7300gs pci-express gpx card, HELP !!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

Hoping somebody can help. im trying to install the following graphics card (Geforce 7300 gs, 256mb ddr2 , pci express). Now ive fixed it in place no problem. But when i go to boot pc neither my onboard graphics or new card wil power my monitor. when i take it out my on board graphics kicks back in.

Heres some details of my pc

2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
Board: Winfast 761GXK8MB
Serial Number: WY1L60300663
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/27/2005
SiS Mirage Graphics (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) [Display adapter]
Generic PnP Monitor (15.4"vis, May 2006)
Vista
500w power supply

Anybody could help that would be brilliant
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you turn the computer on? Do you get the normal POST beep? If you leave the PC, does it appear to boot (but without display) and play the Windows tune when it gets in to Windows?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
gavfoley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, windows loads as normal. i left my cover off to see if the fan was working on the grahics card and it is. i also went to system bios and made my pci - express first priorty. im now clueless. im thinking is my new graphics card not compatible
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that it's not compatible, as the BIOS must recognise it is there to disable the onboard graphics. Can you confirm you get nothing on the screen, not even the POST screens?

Also, does your card have both VGA and DVI connectors on it? And which are you connecting your monitor to? Can you also confirm the manufacturer of the card?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
gavfoley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh manufacturer is PNY. the screen has no input. its connected via vga.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the DVI port is the primary port. You should have got a DVI-VGA converter with the card. Connect this to the the DVI port, and the monitor cable to that.
jsa500

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavfoley wrote:
yeh, windows loads as normal. i left my cover off to see if the fan was working on the grahics card and it is. i also went to system bios and made my pci - express first priorty. im now clueless. im thinking is my new graphics card not compatible

You mention you set your pcie card to first priority but have you tried disabling the onboard graphics completely using bios?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: