Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to Install stuff and am Stuck..!!!

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
streaky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Trying to Install stuff and am Stuck..!!! Reply with quote

To start with if you are here reading my Installation probs Thankyou... Very Happy
I am trying to install a pixel ads script to my website,,,I think I have unpacked the downloaded files using File Ziller correctly but am not sure.....What would be the correct way to unpack a whole heap of files and then upload them to the public_html and from there to my website and then actually make it all work Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad any help or some instructions would be great.

[/b]
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never installed Pixel Ads, but I have installed some other scripts on web servers (I'm no expert though! lol)

This will depend on your web host, but often you can upload the zipped file and extract it on the server - this way you only need to upload the one file rather that hundreds of them! So upload to your public_html folder, then in your file manager select the file and go to extract (or unpack or similar) - this should extract it on the server. Usually it will create a new folder within and all the necessary files and folders.

If your host does not support this, then you can extract on your computer, then upload all the files and folders using an FTP program. CuteFTP is good. Most FTP programs for Windows will allow you to drag and drop to your server.

Once the files are there you will need to follow the instructions for Pixel Ads to install/configure it. Usually there will be a folder with everything in and it will have an install.php file within that. You would therefore need to go to the URL that this relates to in your web browser (eg. http://www.yoursite.tld/pixelads/install.php) and follow the installation onscreen).

Hope this helps!
Mr. Green
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: