Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNable to install xp

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Vishal Sharma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: UNable to install xp Reply with quote

Hello, friends
I have installed windows 7 and i want to switch back to windows XP.But I am not able to install it.All the time it gives a blue screen and.This is being happening after the installation of windows 7.
I formatted the partition once even then the same problem.
Problem: Unable to Install Xp
Error:
Before formating partition: Blue screen & Stop: c0000221/ unkown Hard error
\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
After formating partition: Boot MGR missing press ctrl+alt+Del to restart
System Confrigation:
Motherboard: DG41TY
Processor: Intel Core2Quad
Ram: 4GB
Hard disk:
1. SATA-HITACHI-HDT721-320.0gb
2. SATA-SAMSUNG-HD161G-160.0gb
Things I have already tried:
1. Foramte the partition having window
2. Updated BIOS from intel site.
3. Drive Confrigation at Bios set up: ATA/IDE [Native]
4. Boot drive priorty: [CD/DVD-ROM drive]
5. Unable to use NLITE Software
Status: it copy window file. Nlite not colaborating bios update to burn new bootable disc.
6. Unable to find drivers for SATA
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you cannot find the F6 SATA boot drivers for that board is because there is no socket for a floppy drive! That means you cannot use the F6 driver load facility - if you try to use a USB floppy it wont work. As theres no floppy, Intel have not provided drivers.
That means your options of loading XP on it are limited to
1) Use an OEM Microsoft CD which came with Windows service pack 3 preloaded. These had the SATA drivers included. However they use a different licence key sequence so may give you problems. Note that I don't mean an earlier XP CD with SP3 slipstreamed: I mean a genuine CD from Microsoft with SP3 included at the factory
2) Use a late copy of Windows Media Center 2005 - these also had the SATA drivers preloaded
3) Slipstream the F6 drivers into an earlier XP CD. Note even this will have to be a disk with SP2 (or maybe SP1) preloaded at the factory- the original version of XP cannot handle that 320GB drive
The actual Intel F6 SATA drivers are at
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18860&ProdId=2973&lang=eng

The next point is don't mess around using the bastardised software that results from using Nlite. IT DOESN'T WORK. Get hold of a proper Windows CD and use that to install properly

That "Stop: c0000221/ unkown Hard error " suggests either you've got a pretty nasty virus lodged on the drive, or a sector which the normal formatting tools cannot write to. I've seen it before and got round it by scanning for drive faults using the drive manufacturers software. It could also be that in your case the problem may be that you have an early version of the Windows XP CD that cannot work with big hard drives. In which case see (3) above - you need a later setup disk

To resolve this my suggestions are
a) disconnect the Samsung drive (trying to install Windows on a machine with two hard drives attached is a recipe for disaster as funny things start happening to the boot sectors - especially when Win7 has been involved
b) use the Hitachi Drive Fitness Tool http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/#OGT to completely wipe the drive
c) throw away the Nlite CD
d) Install windows with a REAL Microsoft Windows installation disk as listed above

The other drivers required are all available from
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+4+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DG41TY

You can reconnect the Samsung drive once you've got windows running properly

Just to emphasise I'll say it again: DON'T use Nlite. Its a piece of junk

Last edited by JonS on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Vishal Sharma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Formate works Reply with quote

Dear Friend

Thanks for your valuable time. Complete Formate Disk works. But another problem arose. most of software(printer F370 64bit) i have stop working. Now i m able to install xp but error comes window stop software to edit registry. have tried fresh & alot of window xp professional 64 bit edition.

Thanks again for your help

Regards
vishal Sharma
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Are you saying most of your software has stopped working? or just the printer?
is the error during printer installation, or use? Please give us the EXACT error message - what you have reported seems incomplete
where did the drivers for the printer come from? A CD or di dyou download them?
Finally, what is the origin of the 64-bit windows CD? Is it a genuine Microsoft CD or another bootleg copy? In all the thousands of computers I have worked on, I have only ever seen two computers installed with genuine 64-bit Windows XP
Vishal Sharma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Unable to Install HP DESKJEt F370 All-in-One driver Reply with quote

Hello friends

I m currently using win xp professional x64 bit
I need to install driver for HP Deskjet All-in-One 64 bit. I have download it several times every time i run set up i got error msg kindly find error msg on my blog

www.acmevishal.blogspot.com

thanks for your valuable time

Reagrds
Vishal Sharma
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the error is "registry editing has been disabled by your administrator"

you may be able to fix it by using using this tool provided by Doug Knox
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

However a couple of things come to mind
1) 64-bit XP does not have a lot of driver support. Are you sure you are downloading the correct driver? If it is still the F370 you should be using this file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL15107/oj-40458-2/CDA_DriverOnly_NonNetwork_enu_64_NB.exe

2) is this another bootleg nLite copy of windows? Could explain the problem

3) do you actually have administrator access to this machine or are you just logged on as a basic user? if so its not going to work until you get admin access
Vishal Sharma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Pls help Reply with quote

Dear Jon S

1. Its not resolving the problem- http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

2. I have downloaded Driver from Hp site for 64 bitxp its latest.

3. I m logged in admin account but still it shows msg ~ Registry editting has been disabled by admin. Task manager is alo missing.

4. its not bootleg nLite copy of windows

5. i have admin access of this pc. kindly see www.acmevishal.blogspot.com for my login details

Thanks for your time

Regards
Vishal sharma
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case it would seem highly probably that you have malware on that machine preventing the installation
Very difficult to be more precise without knowing more about the machine history, and actually being able to inspect it.

However you may be able to clear it using Group Policy Editor:

go to
%windir%\system32\gpedit.msc

then set

User Config\Admin Templates\System\Prevent Access To registry Editing Tools=
"Not Configured"

I suggest you read this thread
http://www.troublefixers.com/registry-editing-has-been-disabled-by-your-administrator/
Vishal Sharma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Thnaks Reply with quote

Dear John S

My problem has been resolved. You were right. It was a malware. I formate both the hard disk by deleting partitions. Now i m able to install every software.

Thanks for your time & Suggestion

Regards
Vishal Sharma
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: