Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable To Minimise Full Screen

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
mushroom

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Unable To Minimise Full Screen Reply with quote

I was playing online poker, when the screen suddenly filled the page, with no means of minimising and having to exit through Ctrl & Esc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the poker programme several times - all to no avail. I have contacted the online support for the poker programme and they have said that it is not the programme! When the programme is installed it looks as normal but the second I click on the poker page, it enlarges and I am unable to play. I have looked at the resolution settings, which are normal until I click on to the poker page. I have used this poker room for many months (only play money!), so why has this suddenly happened? Everything else is as it should be. The only other thing that is different when the computer loads, is the MSN box now appears in a different position on the screen - middle right, whereas before it was always in the bottom right corner! Crying or Very sad
demdike

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't explain whats going on with your machine
However what I can say is that EVERY machine I have been asked to look at by an online poker player has been riddled with trojans and rootkits

It is my belief that electronic "spying" is rife within the online poker industry with players gaining remote access to their adversaries machines: either remote viewing or remote control. I would suspect that your problems are related to something similar

If you want realistic advice, reformat the machine to remove any and all traces of malware and then avoid online poker. If you really HAVE to play online, then get one of the more powerful internet security suites - something like A-Squared maybe, and make sure its running fully up-to-date with all security options turned to "maximum". And even then you'd best assume you'll still get hacked again...
demdike

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - if you want to play an online card game, try bridge
More intellectually challenging and less risk of getting hacked
mushroom

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Unable To Minimise Full Screen Reply with quote

Thank you for your help and advice. After having spoken to at least half a dozen on-line support people of the poker site last night - making suggestions such as taking a copy of my full screen through "Paint" and sending them a copy; suggesting that it was the resolution setting on the computer that was at fault - I contacted them again this morning! The guy was just so methodical and said "do this / do that" and in no time he had sorted the problem, which was that I had inadvertantly clicked on the tile button at the top right of the poker table screen and all I needed to do was to click on it again to reset it. Simple when you're advised by someone who knows the system! Yes, I realise how risky it is to play online poker - security I mean but I'm forever doing scans and cleaning. I have played bridge - prefer poker though1
Diolch yn fawr! Smile
demdike

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear you got it fixed. Easy when you know the software.. thats the problem with so many applications like this: unless you know the program whatever you suggest is clutching at straws
However - my comments about the "security" of online poker are for real: I've seen too many hijacked machines and I really believe its a serious issue. Maybe not in your case if you are only playing for pennies, but be warned if you ever go further. It ain't safe.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: