Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 not saving settings or world of warcraft

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
killswitch1698

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 not saving settings or world of warcraft Reply with quote

I just recieved a brand new gaming computer the other day with windows 7 64bit. I downloaded world of warcraft and everything went well, I was able to play and all, shut down my computer, but then when I turned my computer back on world of warcraft was gone for some reason, and I dont know what to do now. Is their any way to get my world of warcraft client back? also is there any way to make sure windows 7 saves everything when it shuts down? because it also didn't save my preferences for my desktop either.
My specs
AMD Phenom II Quad Core CPU
4GB RAM
ATI RADEON 5570
500gb HD

PS: i JUST switched from mac to pc, and I haven't used a pc in 5 years. so if you could give me some detailed advice on how to prevent my stuff from not being saved that would be awesome.
JonS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like either you have logged on with a different user profile
or
your user profile corrupted and you've been logged on with a default profile
or
something has gone wrong with the machine, causing it to auto-repair and do a system restore back to an earlier date

It all points to there being something wrong with the software installation on the machine. Have a word with the supplier and get them to check it out, or ask their advice on reloading Windows back on it.
It would be worth getting them to do a full stress / burn-in test on it, with especial concentration on the hard drive and RAM. A fault in either could also cause this

at this stage you should be considering that the machine is potentially faulty and make the supplier prove its not
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: