Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 RC1

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> General Chat
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 RC1 Reply with quote

Windows 7 Release Candidate 1 or RC1 should be ready to download on May 5th there will be a few servers in play for the event as Microsoft are expecting a large volume of Internet traffic so do try and use the server closest to you and happy downloading Very Happy
Markb

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check out the beta Cindy? I though that it was a real improvement on Vista.
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

Yes and i like the changes in Windows 7 - to the right of the Start button there are programs that have been pinned to the Taskbar, click on the Internet Explorer icon to make it appear, and again to minimise it. Moving the mouse over the picture makes a little preview, these previews can show several things at once (very handy), open another tab in Internet Explorer and minimise it the button now has a little tab of it's own and the preview now shows all of the tabs, so you can select which tab you want. Windows can be manipulated in some new ways - grab the title bar of a window and move it to the top of the screen to maximise it, move the window to the side automatically resizes it to take up half of the Desktop, good if you have a wide screen monitor and want to view two documents side by side. One thing i do like is if you grab one window and shake it, all of the other windows disappear shake it again and they return - neat !, another change is Libraries the My Documents now shows four Libraries for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos instead of the old folder view. I think Windows 7 is better then Vista and i can see myself doing away with Vista for Windows 7. Oh and i do like the Fish Very Happy
Markb

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the eye candy, the real test will I think be hardware compatibility. Despite what Microsoft say with the massaged figures, uptake in the enterprise of Vista has been really slow, we were left asking why? XP works well and performed better. I feel more confident about Windows 7 though. Their direction of making the add ons separately downloadable rather than installed by default is much better. bit like linux really. And the interface, oh that's a bit like KDE then.
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linux is quite nice, i have used Ubuntu, Mint and Mandriver 2008 & 9, as for Win 7 hardware i found ATI drivers easily (not looked for nVidia), also i see some main program manufactures are producing for Win 7 (Paragon is just one), well we will see on the 5th - ill let you have the last word.....
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even with Windows 7 it will take time for the corporates to use it on any scale. New operating systems can be buggy and have security issues (especially those written by M$). Also M$ operating systems tend to be quite demanding on systems, so previous version like XP are more attractive as they perform better on lower end hardware. At the end of the day XP is good enough for most offices.

Will be interesting to see how sucessfull Windows 7 is. Looking forward to using it! Smile
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be downloading Windows 7 tomorrow now the 6th (going out tonight with my guy Very Happy )
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your evening Cat-tranz Very Happy
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmm i did Laughing
kavinwatts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i'm use these operating system really it's awesome. But i
think windows 8 consumer preview is versatile.
AlanWade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kavinwatts wrote:
Now i'm use these operating system really it's awesome. But i
think windows 8 consumer preview is versatile.

The thread is over three years old mate!
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: