Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 98 SE invalid page fault warning message (Wzcsldr2)

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
slopoke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Windows 98 SE invalid page fault warning message (Wzcsldr2) Reply with quote

After powering up my 98 SE computer and Windows loaded, the following message box appears:
Wzcsldr2; This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists contact the program vendor. (close) (Details) When I click close the error box disappears only to reappear again, the window freezes and I have to shut down the computer manually. When I click Details, a sub window opens with the following message: WZCSLDR2 caused an invalid page fault in module MFC42.DLL at 0167:5f401351.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=5f401351 EFLGS=00010246

............ and so forth, there are then 8 more lines with similar number and letter codes.
Can somebody PLEASE help me get rid of or repair this? Thanks much.
Please email: hstech@sympatico.ca. Thanks again.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like there could be a problem with the wireless NIC drivers. I would recommend uninstalling your wireless card drivers completely and reinstalling them. Note that you will probably need to reconfigure your PC to connect to the network after you have done this.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
slopoke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Windows 98 SE error message Wzcsldr2 Reply with quote

Hello SoftStag,
Thanks for your Dec. 9 reponse to my problem. I have not yet tried your suggested remedy of uninstalling any wireless card drivers and do a reinstall because I discovered the following in System Info - Software Environment, under Running Tasks:
"Wzcsldr2.exe: Version 1, 0, 6, 41216, Alpha Networks Inc.,
ANIWZCS2 launcher for Windows".
Whatever that is. Does this have anything to do with what you suggested or is it something different? I do have a D-Link WDA 1320 wireless adapter card installed on this computer enabling me to access the internet via my main XP computer.
I also had the 98SE computer repaired in late summer, reinstall of the O. S. (it was disfunctional except in safe mode). It is working ok now, although somewhat slower, except for these error messages.
I would appreciate your comments and additional suggestions if any.
Thanks much. Slopoke
email: hstech@sympatico.ca
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wzcsldr2.exe is part of the drivers for the D-Link WDA 1320 card; this is why I recommended what I said.

Windows 98 gets a little troublesome after a period of time, and starts running slower, this is quite normal due to the registry getting bloated. When this happens, the best thing to do is format and reinstall Windows. This deletes everything from your hard drive, so a backup must be done of all your data, but it should iron out those little irritations and speed up the system significantly. If you are comfortable doing this, then I recommend doing it periodically when the system becomes slow and troublesome.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: