Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Mouse

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
greenveg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Wireless Mouse Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. My system is Windows XP Professional Version 2000 Service Pack 3. The keyboard is working OK, but i cannot seem to get the mouse to operate. I am using a wired mouse to a USB port at the moment. I have downloaded http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downl ... ategory=MK and selected the mouse which says "Wireless Optical Mouse" on the back of my mouse. The batteries are OK. If i go to Control Panel and select Mouse, It is now showing a picture of my wireless mouse. I tried unplugging the wired mouse, but the wireless mouse still does not work. Under the picture it says Connection device: and under that it says Wireless Optical Mouse. There is a tiny button on the back of the mouse, which says Connect at the side of it. I would appreciate any help.
Regards.
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838398
greenveg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Wireless Mouse Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The mistake I was making was not to press the Connect button on the mouse, and the button on the receiver simultaneously. The mouse is now working fine. Many thanks.
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I assumed
However its easier for you to see it on the Microsoft support pages than for me to reproduce it here!
seoexpert947

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logitech G700. wireless mouse with ZERO LAG. and the battery issue isn't an issue as it works like the mamba in that it can be run wired or wireless. razer mouses have always been poor imho due to reliability and i wouldn't go for a RAT. i had one and it gave up the ghost after just 5 months.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: